Sunday, June 30, 2013

Stressful Week Sunday Social

It has been quite bananas around here the last few days, and I have had little time to ever consider writing a post, no less actually sitting down to type it out and perfect it over hours of OCD editing.  FM’s HRAP was denied because his local recruiting office decided to be a bunch of ::insert expletive::s and not sign off on the paperwork. So for the last three days life has been hitting the highs and lows pretty frequently as information changes by the hour as to whether or not he will be allowed to come home before he ships out.  Thank for the extra stress Army, totally needed that!

So allow me to just share a quickie piece of awesomeness before I link up with Ashley from Ashley Lately for this week’s Sunday Social.  Thanks for bearing with me all! 

The other day, in the interest of blowing off some stress steam (and because I had to make a return that was about to run past due) I stopped into my local Christmas Tree
Shop for some retail therapy.  Bad move on my part, at least for my wallet, but anyway… Being that the 4th of July is just around the corner, and CTS is the mothership for all things holiday cutesy, there was a ton of great American pride items, and I snagged a few things I loved.  The greatest score of the day was a three pack of those gel window cling things that are ever so popular right now.  I love to stick them on mirrors actually.  

I have been looking for something to put up in my window and on my car, something not too ostentatious, with a yellow ribbon in support of our troops, and of course FM.  Finding one that said “military girlfriend” became a mission I quickly aborted, as it was just too hard to locate, and I will not be able to call myself a military girlfriend forever, so the magnet would be rather time sensitive, and I didn’t really want to stick a magnet on the car paint anyway.  These clings were fantastic for my purposes, and the price was well worth it.  Anyone care to take a stab?? Ok, I’ll tell you… $1.89. Yup. That’s it. Less than $2 with tax. Made my day!


So, if you’re looking for some pride badges, and don’t really want to stick something to your car/windows/mirrors that will leave residual marks/fading/damage, go give these a shot! I love having them up, and they’re a constant reminder of why I’m missing and supporting FM whenever I look at them.

Now… on to the social! 



Sunday Social



This week's questions are all about movies!

1. What is your favorite movie of all time?
Of all time?! That’s a lot of movies!
Forrest Gump quite high up there, perhaps next to The Sound of Music,
The Breakfast Club, and Sixteen Candles.


 2. What is your favorite quote?
“Sometimes, I guess there just aren’t enough rocks.” –Forrest Gump
“...And none for Gretchen Wieners.” –Mean Girls
"What's happenin', hot stuff?" -The Donger, Sixteen Candles
“Dear Shelley. Oh my gosh, that's me! Wait there's more!” –The House Bunny
“Todd, that's good! Tell that mean ocean!” –Wedding Crashers

[s]
Who doesn't love Todd?


3. What is the best movie to watch for girls night in?
Mean Girls will always be a big winner, along with Summer Catch,
The House Bunny, Easy A, Sweet Home Alabama,
Wedding Crashers, Joe Dirt. Anything stupid funny.

4. What is the best breakup movie?
Something more stupid, and more funny? I haven’t been through
a break up in quite some time, nor do I care to,
and I don’t remember watching movies about it…


5. Who would you want to play in a movie about your life?
Sandra Bullock because she's phenomenal and can do anything,
or Emma Stone, I love her ballsy-ness

6. Which movie star's closet would you want to raid?
Jennifer Aniston. She always has such a great classy but laid back look
about her, even when dressed to the nines. (Plus, we all grew up on the 
Rachel look, who wouldn't want to dress like her?)
 
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!! 






Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I love Jen's style! Awesome choice :)

    Suzy @ Happy Wife, Happy Life

    ReplyDelete

Be sure to leave your contact information, email, and/or blog address so I can return the comment favor. Thanks! -Lauren

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...