Monday, August 26, 2013

Big Annoucement! (& a Weekend Update too)

This weekend was super laid back in this neck of the woods. But the big announcement is…  

I GOT A NEW JOB!! (cue dance)


Yup, you read that right.  I have accepted an offer at a new job.  It is not in my original choice of field, but it’s somewhat close, and it’s in the non-profit sector, which I certainly love from the volunteer end, so here’s hoping my job search is over for a while.  Or at least until FM returns from his overseas tour.  

I’m super excited to be pooling our incomes again to get that mutual debt down.  Yup, students loans, I’m looking at you on this one! 

I promise I’ll do a job update once I get a bit more comfortable in my new big girls pants.

So, the weekend…


Sami's Shenanigans

Friday I had a second interview for the new job.  Not a bad start to the weekend.  After finishing up a stellar presentation, and getting all my new hire forms out of the way, I headed home and ended up becoming addicted to the show Whodunnit? on ABC.  Curse you On Demand channel!!  I spent the night Skyping with FM (more like fighting with Skype to let me talk to FM), who was ridiculously excited for me and my new big girl position.  Actually, I think he was more excited than I was!

Oh, that smile!
Saturday I spent the day logging in some blog time, hopping around to see my favorites, and searching through some new reads.   I also worked on writing some posts ahead of time, yup, preplanning, so I don’t get behind this week.  I’m thinking I’m probably going to be a little off schedule, for at least the first week, so hopefully this little blog doesn’t suffer.  Saturday night we headed down to the infamous Jones Beach for a bandshell concert and some nighttime boardwalk strolling, and ended up catching an awesome sunset.  I love Long Island!!


Sunday, oh Sunday.  I spent a good part of the day trying to get life things in order, running around to get things done that I know I’m either not going to get done during the week or that I know will be closed by 5, now that I’m joining the working class again.  I also spent some time putting the final touches on my Snail Mail Collective package to Brittney over at One&Twenty, my super awesome online date this month!  I can’t wait to do a post on her and participating in the collective.  If you haven’t heard about it, check out the Snail Mail Collective run by Melyssa at The Nectar Collective and Chelsea from Lost in Travels right here.

And that, my friends, is all.  I’m just enjoying my last day of this weekend before starting in on endless weeks working for the weekend . Hooray, employment!





How did all of your weekends go!?


Have a great Monday all!






Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave your contact information, email, and/or blog address so I can return the comment favor. Thanks! -Lauren

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...