Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday Socializing

Woohoo! Sunday social time.  I am fried after this week full with three job interviews, so I’m glad to be kicking back and answering some questions without having to think so hard, shake any hands, justify my prior work experience, or tell anyone about my plans 5 years from now.

On with the social!!

Sunday Social

What do you miss most about being a kid?
Hmm. Not too much really.  I am enjoying adulthood for the moment.  Although I do wish adulthood also came with an age appropriate Discovery Zone.  That place was AWESOME, and adults would totally love it.  Especially if it had a bar.  DONE!

Adults would have a blast here!!![s]
Did you have nickname growing up? What was it?
Lala.  Apparently my sister was just a little too lazy to say my full name when she was a baby, and thereby I gained this nickname that sticks to this day.  However, my favorite nickname comes from my college days when the roomies and I decided we were Greek heroes.  I am Achilles, a demigod and Trojan war hero.  You can just call me Lauren!

I'm quite attractive on ancient amphoras! [s]
What was your favorite thing to do at recess?
In the 5th grade everything was about the Spice Girls.  We played some sort of version of Spice Girls related game EVERY. DANG. DAY. I was always Sporty Spice, the best Spice to be. Girl Power!

What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a corporate lawyer for a really long time.  Because apparently as a youngster I was completely discriminate about what kind of law I would practice someday. (By the way, I’m not a lawyer, nor do I want to go to law school any longer. The Masters is good for me now!)

Did you participate in any school activities?
I suppose you could say that.  I was the school’s morning announcement girl in 4th/5th grade.  I started playing softball in 2nd grade.  I played volleyball and softball in middle school, and joined S.A.D.D., the Renaissance Club, the Junior Honor Society, and band.  And in high school I really overloaded myself with volleyball, softball, band, Renaissance club, S.A.D.D., Students for a Better World, the Honor Society, Leader’s Club, and Yearbook, among others!  So I guess I was pretty involved!! 

What is the funniest thing you did as a kid that your parents still remind you about?
I was a snarky little child, and I remembered everything.  One night while out at dinner, after mom had passed the paid check to the waitress, she said “keep the change.” I politely responded with, “you filthy animal.”  The waitress was offended, but then realized where I had picked it up from. My parents, on the other hand, were inconsolable with laughter.  They have since told FM this story, and now he reminds me of it as well every time we go out to eat.


In my defense, Home Alone was a ridiculously popular movie at the time. I watched it obsessively then, and I still do whenever it’s on.  So childhood logic clearly made me think that everyone was doing the same!


Have a great end to the weekend all!




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave your contact information, email, and/or blog address so I can return the comment favor. Thanks! -Lauren

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...