Thursday, September 19, 2013

Boy Behind the Blog + Spooky Blogtember

Holy cannoli, can you believe we’re already halfway through the month of September?  I didn’t until Boys Behind the Blog was coming around again, and I was urging FM to give me his answers in time.   Phew, this year is just zooming by! Anyway, on to what you’re here for today… some info on the mysterious FM!

Boys Behind The Blog
(My responses in this color.)

1. If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
I would want to be a bird. But not a penguin; I want to be able to fly.


Apparently he has a penguin complex I was unaware of?? Chickens don’t fly, a lot.


2. What is your favorite meal?
My favorite meal is Thanksgiving dinner, hands down.

The boy likes turkey. And cranberry sauce. Not from a can. Personally, I like the strange goop that plops out of aluminum, but to each his own.


3. Do you use any forms of Social Media? What is your favorite?
Facebook only.

He’s with me on the concept of the Twitter.  Yes, we sound like old people. We’re okay with that.


4. Beer, wine, liquor, other, or none of the above?
Bourbon and beer.

Plain and simple. He knows that he likes.


5. Complete the sentence: "Never have I ever..."
Never have I ever... thought so hard about how to answer a question appropriately.
Never have I ever… been to Disney World  (we’ll be changing that)
Never have I ever… gotten out of a traffic ticket  (not true, remember the inspection?)
Never have I ever… crashed a car  (thank goodness)

 
 



Let’s also get on Blogtember while we’re at it!

Thursday, September 19: Creative writing day: write a (very short) fictional story that starts with this sentence: "To say I was dreading the dinner party would be the understatement of the century."

I’m going to do something fun that we used to have to do in elementary school.  I’m going to start the story and then you all can pick it up and write a sentence or two in the comments and keep it going after the next person! Ready? GO!

To say I was dreading the dinner party would be the understatement of the century.  We pulled up to the towering, commanding wrought iron gates and pressed the buzzer for entry.  As I sat there staring at the enormity of it all, I began to fear my Navy tea length gown would be considered underdressed.  We drove through the gates as they opened slowly with an unfamiliar eerie “creeeeeaaaak,” and started down the enormous vine-covered driveway leading to the mansion’s ornate and equally giant front doors.


We parked our late nineties silver Volkswagen and proceeded to slide out of the car, careful not to wrinkle what was left of the outfit I was so excited to wear before viewing the house.  We started up to the large wooden doors expertly carved with smiling cherubs, an pulled the long rope to ring the bell to signal our arrival.  The doors opened to a wide-shouldered man in a tuxedo, gloved hands, looking very pale.  He said….   (your turn!)


Have a great Thursday all! And enjoy finishing the story down belowwww…..








Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave your contact information, email, and/or blog address so I can return the comment favor. Thanks! -Lauren

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...