Friday, September 6, 2013

Guess Who Got a Liebster!!

So after a long day at work, and an even more tedious time driving home, I return to find a message from Ms. Megan over at Grad Student Needs a Hobby, who I stalk because I can totally relate to the grad student angle, which explains that she nominated me for a Liebster award. 




Yes, me!!  Little ol’ me over here!!

If I were to say I'm excited that would really be understating it by a serious
margin!! I haven’t been blogging for too long, but I see this award all over many of the blogs I love, and I have been secretly hoping and wishing to be nominated someday in the future.  I mean, what small blogger starting out doesn’t have some aspirations of awesomeness?!?!

What’s a Liebster Award you ask? Oh, let me explain…


A Liebster award is passed around in the blogging community through bloggers with under 200 followers.  When you get nominated for one, you graciously acknowledge who sent it to you by linking back to them, like I did with Ms. Megan (soon to be Mrs. Megan this weekend by the way, go wish her congrats), you answer the 11 questions the blogger came up with for you, and then you nominate 11 other bloggers and send them your 11 questions to answer in return.  And the cycle continues…

It’s basically inter-bloggy affection that lets you, and then the blogs you stalk and love, know that others are reading what you’re saying and liking it! It’s a pretty decent sized compliment, and one that I am more than proud to accept, participate in, and pass on!! And let’s not forget, it’s great to spread our names around and get to discover new blogs in the process!!  


So here goes with Megan’s questions…

1. How long have you been blogging?
I’ve been blogging since May of this year, when FM was in AIT training, and I was starting to make myself a little crazy with his being gone and the newness of being a military girlfriend.

2. What are your favorite posts to write?
I love to write posts for the milSO (military spouse/significant other) community.  When I find a perk, a deal, a short cut, a helper, a bonus, a great article, or just a helpful hint I love to pass it on to the other military ladies and gents out there so we can all benefit and learn from our time spent in this military life.

3. Other than blogging, what is your favorite hobby?
I love to read.  I don’t have nearly enough time to do it, but sitting down with a good book (yes, a real book, with pages, from the library, that mystical place with things and elderly people in it) makes me incredibly happy. 



4. How many blogs do you follow?
Mmmm, right now the total through Bloglovin’ is 110, but there are others I haven’t linked onto there yet.

5. Finish the sentence: My weakness is...
Chocolate.  No, coffee.  Ok, just caffeine then…
 
[s]
That's heaven right there!!

6. What is your favorite book?
I can’t pick just one.  But I’m a big fan of: The Last Lecture – Randy Pausch, The Secret Life of Bees –Sue Monk Kidd, Anything by David Sedaris

7. How would you rate your cooking skill?
On a scale of 1-10.  9.5!  I love to cook and I’m quite good at it. The challenge is finding the time.
 
I love this homemade white pizza with tomatoes
and spinach, and I make a killer
mushroom chicken risotto!
8. What is your favorite social media site?
My old friend Facebook.  I’m not big on the true intention of social media sites, but I love that I can use Facebook to keep up with friends and reconnect with others.

9. If you could make a living doing anything, what would it be?
Writing. Hands down.  As much as I grouse about coming up with posts at times, I am happiest writing, no matter the topic.  Being a professor of Near East Archaeology would be a close second though!

10. Name your top 5 favorite music artists.
James Taylor, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, Michael/The Jackson 5, Nat King Cole
Yes, I’m strange, let it go! I listen to contemporary radio too, but there’s just no killing the classics and true artists!

11. What are your dreams/aspirations for your blog?
I just want everyone to have an honest conversation, especially as it relates to military topics.  The milSO community is full of great people and we all have had different experiences/journeys, and I would love for it to continue to be a place of free expression and learning from one another.


So I bet you’re wondering who gets to have the honor of answering my questions…


 (in no particular order...)
3. Janelle at Wild Blue Yonder
4. Fallon at Fal Finds Happiness
6. Haylee at Jets and a Brunette
9. Mrs. Romer at Domesticated Combat Boots
11. Ashley at That Hooah Life

PS. I went by followers on Bloglovin’! If you’re over 200 total, well, sorry! I love you, and you should play nice anyway!  Just promise not to drop the spirit stick, and keep the bloggy love flowing!






1. If you could have dinner with any famous human, who would it be? (explain, you know you want to anyway)
2. Be realistic, where do you see yourself in a few years? (a few could be 2, 10, 20, whatever)
3. What is the one thing that can instantly make you happy, like turn your whole day around?
4. What is the news headline you’re following most closely lately?
5. If the concept of a bank account/bills didn’t exist, what would you buy yourself?
6. Chocolate, vanilla, or twist?
7. How do you relax? Share your favorite tip…
8. Tell me three things you love about being you. (no skimping, THREE!)
9. White or Red wine?  Or is liquor quicker?
10. What makes you feel most accomplished, or what do you feel has been your biggest accomplishment so far?
11. What inspired you to start blogging?


Have a great time everybody, I’m so looking forward to reading all of your posts and seeing who you tap for the next award!!

And another big shout out, and thank you, to Megan for nominating me!



And don't forget to link up with Whit's hott Yoga Pants for #backthatazzupfriday. 
Since I brought it up, might as well shake my spirit stick!



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave your contact information, email, and/or blog address so I can return the comment favor. Thanks! -Lauren

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...