Sunday, September 29, 2013

Occupational Social

I’ve been pretty excited about my new job lately, as you wonderful readers know, and this week’s Sunday Social fits in so nicely!  Enjoy, enjoy!

Sunday Social

1. What is your dream job?
Teaching for a semi-well known University/College.
It would be a trip to teach at my Alma Mater, University at Albany.  Go Danes!

2. If you had just won the lottery and didn't need to work for money,
what would you do with your time?

Volunteer, even though I do a ton of that now.  I absolutely love doing events like Relay for Life and Making Strides walks.  I think they’re valuable assets to community bonding as well as promoting and fundraising for a good cause, and c’mon, these events are just insanely inspiring!



By the way, October is only 2 days away, and as we all know, it is breast cancer awareness month.  I do the Making Strides for Breast Cancer walk every single year, and I will be doing it again this year.  Find it in your heart to head over to my fundraising page and make a donation to end the fight.  Even if you just round up the change at the end of your bank statement, I'll gladly take it!!

3. What piece of career advice would you give to someone just
starting out in your field? in my intended field?
Needed to amend that one since I’m not in my current field of choice and therefore have little advice so far.  However, in my intended field I would say you better be ready to get that PhD and work insanely hard to get a job probably well beneath where you should be taking a position, but love every minute of it for the shear joy you get from being able to teach and impart your knowledge on future generations of Anthropologists.  Oh, and find a ridiculously obscure object that WOWs the world and is displayed at the Smithsonian with your name next to it on that adorable little placard, or just go ahead and decode that lost foreign language you only have 2 glyphs for.

4. What would be your ideal "just for fun" job?
Writer. Of any kind. Freelance would be great too.  I just love to write and I wish I could make a career out of it, or at least no longer have a need for money to be able to focus on writing alone.  But, such is life.


5. What was your first "real" job?
My current position with a great non-profit. You can read all about it here.  Before this I held down quite a few awesome positions and internships, some with judges and major newspapers, but they weren’t “real” in my eyes because it wasn’t something I truly wanted to do.



Have great Sunday all! I certainly will as I’m finally getting my apple picking wish!! SOOO excited!

Best all,






Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave your contact information, email, and/or blog address so I can return the comment favor. Thanks! -Lauren

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...