Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday Social - Blogging

Today’s Sunday Social is all about blogging, which is just lovely because it’s one of my new favorite things to do!

Sunday Social

1. What is the name if your blog?
Going Green: Our Army Adventure
Why? Because we’re acclimating to living the Army Green rollercoaster of a life.
               
2. What do you love most about blogging?
I love that blogging gives me a way to connect to other bloggers, military spouses in particular, because I learn a ton about what it takes to live this life through their tips, tricks, and experience!  It’s also a great support system, especially since I haven’t made any real and true Army spouse friends yet since we haven’t had a stateside base yet.


3. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I was driving myself crazy with questions, and I felt very alone since my family wasn’t totally on board with my living the Army life with FM.  It gave me an outlet that I wouldn’t have otherwise had.

4. What is something you’d want to tell someone just starting out in the blog world?
Don’t stress yourself out!  If you have seriously high hopes for your blog (who doesn’t?) just take it easy, and move in baby steps, because getting your blog to where you’re happy with it and you learn your voice and make bloggy friends takes some time! I’m still going through the process, but I’ve learned to pace myself and set real goals for the blog so I don’t lose my marbles.


5. Biggest blogging learning experience you’ve had?
Learning how to branch out and make my blog far more than an online diary.  It takes a lot more than I thought to not only host and create a blog, but to maintain it.  Unless you ignore your followers and the comments, I guess it’s easier then.  But that’s rude! And you probably won’t have followers for too long.

6. What are three blogs you love?
Just three?!? Man! 

1. The Nectar Collective – Melyssa is great and runs a blog with a huge following and still finds the time to reach out to all of her followers, plus she flows so much positivity all over the place it’s hard to NOT love her!


2. The Professional Army Wife – Rachel is going through a lot of what I am right now with her hubs overseas, and it’s nice to be able to fast forward vicariously through her and see how everything works out. Plus she’s amazingly sweet and a fellow New Yorker. Doesn’t get much better!


3. Life with the Lieutenant – Seriously, this woman is hilarious! And again, she’s going through similar issues moving overseas with her husband and kids as FM and I are facing from a distance. And again, it’s nice to see what she’s experiencing while over in S. Korea to give me an idea of what FM is seeing.  Did I mention she’s hilarious?

Life with the Lietenant

Go be friends with them, like, NOW! 




The End.


Enjoy the rest of the weekend! I know I will with this gorgeous fall weather we’re having!

Best







Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave your contact information, email, and/or blog address so I can return the comment favor. Thanks! -Lauren

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...