Thursday, November 21, 2013

Meet Melissa...

Hello ladies and gents! Today I would love to introduce you to my new blogging buddy and soon-to-be fellow military spouse, Melissa from Loving Life Moore.


Loving Life Moore

She's taking over here today, so be nice to her, read along, follow her awesomeness on Bloglovin', and check out what I have to say on her blog today too!
Take it away Melissa...


Hi, all! My name is Melissa from Loving Life Moore, and Lauren has been kind enough to let me take over her blog for the day while she took over mine! I’m a twenty-something year old blonde living in the lovely state of New Hampshire right now, and I got engaged to my amazing fiance, Ryan on October 11th. We’re getting married on January 4, 2014, and we couldn’t be more excited! Why such a short engagement, you ask? Ryan is in the US Army, stationed in Arizona and we’ve been doing the long distance thing for a year now. It’s time. 



I started my little personal blog because when Ryan and I started to seriously discuss the probability and logistics of marriage, I got overwhelmed. Don’t get me wrong...I love my man. I mean, I love my man. However, as Lauren and many of you know, when you’re in a relationship with a member of our armed forces, you’re pretty much in a relationship with with the military, as well.

When Ryan and I first started dating, I didn’t truly appreciate just how much work military girlfriends and wives have to put into their relationships. As much as I wanted to be the first and last thing that Ryan thought about every day, his duty and his honor was right there, as well. He was up at 4 AM for PT and back late at night after running remedial PT for fellow soldiers. Add in the long distance, and I struggled. A lot. We actually broke up for a few weeks because I didn’t want to part with my own selfish ways.

I learned a lot in those three weeks though. Ryan is my best friend. From the moment I said goodbye to him, I knew in my heart of hearts that it was wrong, and that I had to make a serious change if I wanted to be deserving of such a wonderful man. And so, I started to read military family blogs. I read everything I could about what this life would truly be like, and I found myself incredibly disappointed in my actions. While my soldier was giving unto us every day, I never really asked myself what I was giving to him.

And so, as we began to piece ourselves back together, I learned that while, yes, I have a day job, if I wanted a life with my soldier, I’d have a job at home, too. When he’s tired and frustrated, I need to be there to pick him back up. When the Army is holding out on orders and leaving us hanging in the balance, I need to provide some stability. I learned throughout this past year that in marrying Ryan, I’m marrying into the Army, and for all its struggles, it’s a wonderful family that I can’t wait to be a part of.

I’ve become so blessed to meet such amazing military spouses and significant others through blogging, and I’m so very excited to become a part of this fun and dysfunctional family that is the military. It truly is an honor to stand by my man’s side every day, and I can’t wait to marry him in less than two months! 



Isn't she lovely? And I promise we didn't even plan those posts to be so similar.  Just the mil-spouse mentality I suppose! 

Happy Thursday all, and stay tuned for Boys Behind the Blog a little later!! 









Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave your contact information, email, and/or blog address so I can return the comment favor. Thanks! -Lauren

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...