Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Thankful for Cooking Skills and Less Bills {Days 5&6}

In the spirit of continuing to be thankful, and trying to ignore that FM and I just got one hour further apart (thanks daylight savings!), let us catch up with The Thankful Project today.

Not gonna lie, I had a little trouble coming up with something for these two.  I don’t like to focus too much on myself, so it’s easy to forget the things I’m good and bad at…

Day 5: A Talent
I’m actually quite a good cook.  So I’m thankful that I have picked up a lot of the home cooking skills from my mom growing up, and I’m able to make all of our traditional family favorites for the next generation, and FM.  It’s nice to know that I can plan out and cook for fancier dinner parties, but even nicer that I can always come up with something in a jam with whatever’s in the fridge to put food on the table that’s at least decently healthy, filling, and yummy. I love to cook and I’m glad I’m good at it because it makes me happy to feed people and see them equally as happy eating it, but that’s the Italian coming out in me!


I can also feed us on a budget, for which I’m very thankful, but my coupon/deal finding obsession is a topic for another day, I’m sure!

Day 6: A Failure
This was the hardest, because I try not to think of things as failures, rather as learning experiences.   But I guess I would consider my biggest failure as getting into as much debt as I/we did.   It was hard during school, and even after, to make enough money with our part time jobs to cover the rent, bills, food, etc., so a lot, A LOT, of things were put on credit cards that really shouldn’t have been, and it got out of control for a while! 

It started affecting us not only financially, but emotionally.  Our relationship suffered a lot from our financial woes.  It was just an altogether bad situation.

But thankfully, we’ve managed to reign things in, and I’m so effing excited to be lifting the monkey’s weight off us over the last couple of months.

 By January, only student loans will be left, and let’s face it, who doesn’t have those!?  Time to do the excited dance…




Alright, that's enough.  But YAY!!


And as another point of info, I’ll be participating in the Chaotic Goddess Guest Post Swap this month, where I’ll be paired up with another lovely blogger out in blog land and we’ll swap stories for the day.  I’m pretty excited since I love getting to meet/know new people!


Check out the swap details here, and as a reminder, today is the last day to sign up to participate, so get on it!


Have a great day all!









Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave your contact information, email, and/or blog address so I can return the comment favor. Thanks! -Lauren

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...