Monday, December 2, 2013

Apologies for Turk-coma + SMC Reveal!

My goodness that was one heck of a four day weekend wasn’t it?  I don’t know about all of you, but I basically ate and drank for four days straight and I am just dead tired!! And I don’t want to have anything to do with turkey for quite a while.  The wine can stick around though…

So my apologies for being AWOL this weekend, but between the holiday, and FM’s sad Thanksgiving tale, I didn’t have much of an itch to blog.  I’m not going to lie, when FM told me all about his duty shift on Thanksgiving Eve, and not making it in time to have Thanksgiving dinner at the DFAC, I was pretty upset and sad for him, and I felt super guilty that I was about to chow down on a five course dinner while he settled for Taco Bell and Ramen noodles on America’s favorite holiday to be grateful for our abundance of food (and those adorable Pilgrims).

But between extra Skype time and  getting a package in the mail Saturday afternoon I was pulled out of my funk, so…

Allow me to introduce you to my new best good friend Chelsea of Sketchy Notions.  She’s an AMAZING artist and blogger who loves to travel the world and find inspiration in everything it has to offer.  I am sincerely jealous of her travels and am going to continue to live vicariously through her for quite a while!! She knows how to take life by the seat of the pants and wear those pants for all they’re worth! Love it!


We were paired up for the November Snail Mail Collective through The Nectar Collective/Lost in Travels, which we both LOVE and let me tell you, she was just a delightful partner!

So straight from Cali she sent some West Coast love my East Coast way in the form of amazingness from her shop… I mentioned she was a fantastic artist right?!?

Check it out…





She made the cutest little package all wrapped up with string and little notes on everything.  It was just a lovely pick me up to open this weekend! And her products are soo pretty!!

Oh, by the way, she’s also running a shop promo for 15% off until the end of today, so you should go buy some pretty things for the holidays! Especially those handmade holiday cards up there, how cute are they!?!!

Photobucket

I can’t wait to get moving on to our next duty station so I can furnish the new digs with some of her work!


Hope you all had a great holiday weekend. Try to have a great day back to work! Oh, Monday, how I hate thee.  But at lease it's Cyber Monday and cause for some shopping! Woohoo!









Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave your contact information, email, and/or blog address so I can return the comment favor. Thanks! -Lauren

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...