Thursday, January 23, 2014

Boys Behind the Blog... Better Late Than Never!

I am in the middle of about one million things (said in the voice of Dr. Evil, of course), not the least of which is trying to get a plan together for a possible (looking more like probable) trip to South Korea (YUP!), so it’s no surprise to me that I completely lost track of the month and forgot to get my Boys Behind the Blog post up!

FM’s a big part of this little slice of blogland, and he definitely doesn’t deserve to be overshadowed by how crazy life is here right now!!

So better late than never, here’s some Q&A with the wonderful FM…


1. What was your favorite movie of 2013?
I didn't get a chance to see many movies in 2013, but I definitely got a laugh from We're the Millers, and Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa.

So I just sat here for like 10 good minutes trying to figure out if I’ve actually been to the movies this past year, and I’m pretty sure I wasn’t.  Not even once.  WOW lame!


2.  What is your all time favorite movie quote?
This is hard to pick. I have friends that between us we can carry full conversations in nothing but movie quotes, so I know and like a lot. But let's see. "Oh you foolish, foolish boys. This is how it all starts! I've seen it all before. Yep, it was called the 80's! Ford was president, Nixon was in the White House, and FDR was running this country into the ground. I was bummin' in a hole in the wall town in what is now called Utah. Some fella from Colorado shows up, starts making so called 'improvements', right? Before we knew what hit us the streets were running with latte! It got so bad that a fellow that liked to- you know- smoke a little grass, drink a little ripple, crow like a rooster, maybe challenge the Mayor's son to a gentleman's duel is uncouth, against God. More like bad real estate value. Stumpy had to go! Richard, be careful what you wish for. Be careful what you wish for, alright?" Stumpy (David Koechner) ranting about how the ski town they live in will be changed. Out Cold, 2001.

The sad part, you ask?  He probably just typed that all from memory.  This silly little movie he’s in love with haunts my dreams!


3.  What is your favorite type of movie? (Action, scary, comedy, etc)
I like shoot em' up action movies, war movies, comedies like Will Ferrell and old Adam Sandler, suspense, horror, westerns... I shy away from rom-coms though.

That is one very typically male answer dear!  I’m so proud!  But don’t try to deny your love of The House Bunny.  Pooter…

 [s]

4. What is your New Year's Resolution.
I didn't really make a New Year Resolution. At least not set in stone, written down kinda stuff. I did say I would improve my PT score, my weapon qualification score, complete and submit a packet to attend Officer Candidate School, leave Korea with more than I came here with, and get into the habit of living with my wife again.

Hey! That’s ME! Cool!!



5. Finish the sentence: This year I will....

This year I will find the time and resources to plan for my financial future.

That sounds so adult and official… I don’t like it!



And, to answer your question before you ask it, yes, you read the beginning of this post correctly, I am trying to put together a trip to Korea right now.  After tons of hemming and hawing I’m giving it a last minute go of trying to get everything together to see if I can get over there before his time is up, because really, when am I going to see it again??   But I’ll blog about my decision process some other time!   At least you know what’s eating up my schedule these days though!

Thanks for being lovely patient followers.

And please feel absolutely free to share your tips on international travel, or traveling by yourself, or South Korea, or whatever you want to share because I am surely a really bad bad traveler (by plane that is) and could use all the help I can get!! Go for it!! 










Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave your contact information, email, and/or blog address so I can return the comment favor. Thanks! -Lauren

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...