Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Over the Hardship Hump

Newsflash!!!

Today is Wednesday!!!

Usually, that would not be all that exciting, other than the fact that it is hump day and those camel commercials are extra funny.  However, this is a very special Wednesday, because it is also the hump day of this hardship tour!!! WOAH, we're halfway there!!

Don't even try to tell me you didn't
just bust out some Bon Jovi in your
head... it's okay!!

That's right, 6 months have already found a way to fly by us, and we are now on the downhill, rolling along full speed ahead until July 29th when FM will be back on US soil and we can finally move on with our lives like a bunch of normal people!  Well... as normal as the Army will allow us to be!

I have been so caught up in just getting through my weeks at work, starting to plan this wedding part II, getting everything together now for this trip to Korea, and everyday life craziness, that this wonderful momentous halfway day completely slipped my mind until last week, when the 22nd rolled around and I realized FM and I have been married six months already.  Which, I have to say, is another giant WTF moment because that SO does not feel like six months ago!



I can distinctly remember reading Rachel's blog, The Professional Army Wife, a few short months ago (which you should also read because she's lovely) when she and her hubby celebrated making it over the six month hump.  It was so exciting to read since they were basically like looking at the fast-forward version of FM and myself (Army couple, husband in Korea, civil ceremony wedding with a big to-do to follow, living in NY, etc.)  Back then it seemed like a million miles away, thousands of seconds to count ahead.  And here we are, in the blink of an eye!!

I can't even explain how excited I am that we're able to say we're better than halfway there; FM comes home THIS YEAR!!!!


Someone's in a New York state of mind!!









Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave your contact information, email, and/or blog address so I can return the comment favor. Thanks! -Lauren

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...