Friday, February 7, 2014

Two Weeks of Hermitage

And so begins two solid weeks of my being a hermit, virtually glued to my TV.  Yes, that’s right, it’s OLYMPIC SEASON!!!

There are very few things that excite me as much as the Olympics, and that is an altogether truer than true statement (not considering FM coming home and the possibility of a new puppy).  I am a DIEHARD Olympic fan.  I have been known to skip class because the Curling finals were airing, I have almost come to tears over Beach Volleyball finals, and I give a major death stare to anyone trying to talk over the brilliance performed in front of my eyes.  The athleticism, the drive, and the sportsmanship of these, oftentimes, little-known athletes have no match in modern sports.

But the real magnitude of the Olympic season is felt even more in the countries that make up the games.  Choosing to be a military wife certainly alludes to the fact that I have a great deal of pride in my country; I fully support our military, defend our natural liberties, and am thankful to live in such a free nation.  The Olympic games give me one more giant reason to be proud to be an American, helping to restore some faith I may have somehow lost in this country in the former two years.  It’s a time when we all come together for a common goal, to compete on the world stage and conquer; the true American way. 


The games are exactly the embodiment of this great nation, the premise on which we were founded.  We bring together all genders, ages, races, backgrounds, skills, sexual preferences, religious affiliations, and financial statues to come together as one force in stripes and stars, ready to take on the world and showcase our might.  What could be better, or at the very least, more entertaining than that? (It certainly beats out reality TV any day!)

It is a very good two weeks to be an American, and for that, I am extremely thankful and excited to watch us take on 84 other countries in pursuit of being the absolute best.

I’m proud of you America, and I can’t wait to see what we will accomplish in the next two weeks!



Have a great weekend all, and don’t forget to tune in to those games!  You can bet that I will be! 

Just in case those ski jumps didn't look big and
scary enough on the TV screen, here's some
height perspective from the 1980 games!

And feel free to back it up with Whit today too.  But I'll just be rocking out to the rushing horns and tympani of the Olympic theme song (as will FM)!




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave your contact information, email, and/or blog address so I can return the comment favor. Thanks! -Lauren

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...