Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: Color Scheme

I’m finally going to join up with the ranks and participate in some Wedding Wednesday activity since I’m starting to go a little batty planning this all by my lonesome and need a bit of an outlet.

Over the past weeks I feel like I’ve been slaughtered with questions, comments, critiques, and just overall stress, which is not cool, but I’m getting far better at telling a few people where they need to go if they’re not  pleased with the decisions I’m making for MY wedding (if you catch my drift).

Lately, the biggest gripe for some parties (ahemm, my mother) has been the color scheme.  Well, tough noogies, I happen to like the classic combination of Navy and Grey paired with fall toned accents of golden yellows and deep oranges.  Just because FM and I are remarrying in the fall, doesn’t necessarily mean my wedding has to exemplify falling leaves, although I do LOVE the fall.  Plus, the dark blues and yellows will act as a slight nod to FM’s dress uniform, without making the whole wedding military based (not that there’s anything wrong with that!). 


I also happen to believe Navy to be very versatile, and thankfully most of my
bridesmaids see it the same way and are more than happy to have a short Navy dress.  They truly are rewearable, do not have any hideous ugly flowers or decorations, and do not come with an equally ugly sash.  You’re welcome bridesmaids!

Not that there was any doubt in my mind, but the decision on colors is officially final, seeing as I’ve just ordered and received my Navy and Goldenrod Save the Date postcards, which I’m completely in love with! Hooray! I feel like this is a major step accomplished, and I can’t wait to get them out in the mail and finally spread the word about the big day.

I’m still tossing around quite a few color ideas regarding flower arrangements and table décor, but for the most part, the Navy theme is coming together quite nicely, and I couldn’t be happier, even taking into account the naysayers.

So I turn to you, wedding mavens…

What are your thoughts on this bouquet with Navy dresses?


And… what about this cake design?


I'd love some outside opinions! My head is getting awful crowded with all this stuff up there!

 
NC Belle in Boots
Wedding Wednesday


Happy hump day, and merry wedding planning to all!








Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave your contact information, email, and/or blog address so I can return the comment favor. Thanks! -Lauren

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...