Monday, May 12, 2014

The Big Reveal

I’ve been waiting for weeks to reveal where FM and I will be heading after he’s done with this Korea tour, but I didn’t want to jinx the good fortune before we had real paper orders in hand.  Well, “the time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things,” of tape--and boxes--and moving vans--of PCS--and strings!  Alright, that’s a little carried away, but I’ve been waiting a whole year, so please excuse the excitement.



FM and I will be heading to…

drum roll please



Fort Drum!!! 


Look, I know not everyone is thrilled about being up in the middle of no-where, South Canada, but FM and I are New Yorkers, and to get the opportunity to stay in our favorite state of the Union is a ridiculously amazing gift, even if it is up in the far corner of the territory. We can still make it to family/friend dinners, birthdays, holidays, or just weekend visits, within a few hours.  Or, better yet, they can all come see us!!

I am so very thankful to the Army for doing us this solid.  Sure, I know they are likely to grant a wish list spot after a hardship tour, but it’s certainly not guaranteed, and knowing what we’ve been through in the last 2 years already, I was expecting the worst.  So this was a HUGE relief and weight off our shoulders.


Well that leaves me with just one thing… who’s been up at Fort Drum??? Any suggestions for housing, what’s going on up there, what should we know?? Give me the skinny!! And try not to remind me about the snow, I’m already prepping for it now, in May!

Stay tuned for more awesomeness to come as we actually get rolling on this first PCS adventure!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave your contact information, email, and/or blog address so I can return the comment favor. Thanks! -Lauren

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...