Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Last and Final Boys Behind the Blog

FM was basically crushed when I told him Boys Behind the Blog was ending as of this month.  My response was a simple, “well, then you should agree to be active on the blog more often.”   You can imagine how that went over. Anyway…

A big thanks to Mal and Stephanie for keeping this going for a year… it’s been fabulous to get to know the all the guys behind the gals blogging away out there!!

Now on the last and final questions…

1. What was your first job?
I had the best first job. I worked in this tourist trap town at the Lake George Steamboat Company. Wake up, clean the boat, cruise for a couple hours, take a break, and repeat for the afternoon. Not to mention the days where they would shoot off fireworks or have brunch on board. We had quarters where we were allowed to sleep so commuting took a whopping 2 minutes. Yes, best first job ever.

Minus the parts he left out, like the having to clean up the bathrooms after disgusting passengers. But, hey, a pirate’s life for him.  Yo ho me hearties, yo ho!  

2. What is the biggest risk you've ever taken?
Of course my biggest risk was joining the Army. There are so many unknowns that it can be intimidating, and I suppose this keeps many people from joining. But with risk comes reward, and this is a chapter in my life journey that without, my book would feel incomplete.


I couldn’t have answered this with anything else.  It was a big risk for both of us. But it’s turning out to be alright. Better than alright!

3. What is one thing you can't live without?
Maslow would say air food water and shelter. I'd agree.

…and my wife, since she’s awesome and does everything for me.
PS, you’re a nerd FM, but I like it.


4. What is your least favorite food?
I'm open to trying anything food-wise, and if I don't like it, I'll usually try it again. This is not the case for liver. I tried it once as a child, and will probably never eat it again

He also dislikes cauliflower which hurts my soul.  

Some random chicken on a stick
from a Korean man with a roadside grill
5. If you could time travel, where/when would you go? 
Oh, a time travel question! I would go to the mid to late 1800s, either as the West was being developed or to my native Adirondacks of upstate New York. Look into William Henry Harrison Murray's "Camp-Life in the Adirondacks" and tell me it doesn't paint a perfect picture of late 1800s romanticism.

Bad question for us. We LOVE history and would run that time machine dry with different trips!!


Thanks for following along with FM’s answers over the last year, and for letting us learn more about all of you!  Let’s hope the boys are inspired to keep up the participation!

Have a great Thursday!!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave your contact information, email, and/or blog address so I can return the comment favor. Thanks! -Lauren

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...