Monday, June 30, 2014

AWOL Blogging

[s]Hi.  I’m Lauren, and I’ve been a really bad blogger.

Shame face!!

So I’m a little sorry that I just went AWOL there, but things have gotten exponentially more busy over the last few weeks seeing as FM officially comes home in JULY!!


We’re smack in the middle of trying to get ready for our first PCS, which is a challenge in itself to grasp the fine and frustrating details of, and made even more so by the fact that we have our household goods all over New York State and need to go retrieve them when he gets home.  Throw on top of that the little detail of a giant wedding to plan and figure out, along with working 50+ hours a week, and you’ve got a recipe for being decently busy.  Basically, something had to give or nothing was going to get done, and, well, blogging had to wait (so did sleep pretty often, if it makes you feel better).

However, there is light at the end of this proverbial tunnel  being that we only
have a few weeks left and FM will be back here to help with all the madness, and that so many things have been checked off the to-do list.  So let this serve as an update as to where I’ve been hiding over the last few weeks, and thanks for not hating me too much for disappearing.

The things I’ve accomplished while I was not blogging list:
  • I finally selected where we want to live up near Fort Drum and filled out all the application paperwork, including all of the annoying extra papers they wanted to prove we actually have jobs, and sent it off so we have a roof over our heads.
  • FM completed his exit counseling and got us okayed for a Partially Procured Move (PPM) so we can actually get reimbursed for all of this shenanigans about to go down.
  • I secured us a PODS box and got it all set to be dumped on the driveway to pack full of junk and picked up to head out to our new location (P.S. PODS is the best way to move! Seriously! But more on that later).
  • I found an awesome deal on storage bins and after being crazy giddy and thinking I was reading the site wrong, I ordered them before they could change it.  Delirium may have set in, slightly.
  • I ordered our wedding invitations (which are lovely!) with free addressing to save me some time, and a return address stamp, again, huge time saver and with worth the $12 on Etsy!  This is all about being time efficient now!
  • I met with photographers and settled on someone I love to capture the FM and Lauren wedding Part II.
  • I painstakingly researched and determined what flowers I wanted that would keep things looking simple and classic, and found a florist that I absolutely ADORE to arrange it all.
  • I’ve found someone to do bridal hair.
  • I’ve decorated and sent FM’s last care package, which was awesome and I’ll totally post pictures of!
  • I read the Hunger Games.  Yes, I know, I’m a little behind the curve, but I’ve been busy! And if you’ve read it, you know, you can’t put that thing down! So that took up like 3 days after work.
  • I reluctantly started a Twitter account for the blog (and the blog only) so I’m trying to get that all set up and such.  You can follow us @GoingGreenOAA .
  • I got an Influenster Spring Fling VoxBox so I’ve been checking that stuff out and trying to review for it.  Not an easy task in a time crunch! I’ll tell you all about that too!
  • Plus a whole bunch of other little tiny details thrown in there.

Needless to say, it’s been a little nuts.  And by no means am I under the illusion that it’s going to slow down anytime soon.

[s]
If that isn't the truth!

So, please bear with me as we really get started with this PCS and hightailing it up to South Canada, New York.  I promise, I’ll try my best to be a better blogger, or at least post once a week to let you know I’m not buried under my packing supplies and RSVP cards!

Oh, and any PCS tips are more than welcome! Send along some life hacks, things I probably didn’t think of yet, or whatever made your move easier!

Thanks! And stay tuned for more madness from our army adventure!  


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave your contact information, email, and/or blog address so I can return the comment favor. Thanks! -Lauren

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...