Monday, July 21, 2014

The Countdown is On!

Well, the countdown is on! T-Minus just a few days ‘til FM is home!!

I have been absolutely crazy busy trying to make sure that all the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed so everything falls into place as it should to make this move as seamless as possible.  And while I am currently feeling like it’s all ripping apart at those seams, and I’m losing my mind in a sea of packing tape and Styrofoam peanuts, I know it’ll all totally be worth it when the storage container is packed up pretty and ready to make it’s adventure up to South Canada, NY (my favorite new name for Fort Drum).

This will be my 6th move in 8 years (2nd move for me and FM together), and I am seriously looking forward to not seeing another brown box or storage tub for a
few more!  But I have to say, I cannot be happier that we are able to stay in New York.   Everything that we’re going through would be 10x more difficult if we had no clue about the area we were heading to, and I just can’t be thankful enough that we’ll still be able to be close to our families and friends.

Hopefully I’ll be able to throw in an update at the end of this week, seeing as it’s my last week working and FM’s finally going to be home to lend a hand in all this mess, but, I’m certainly not making any promises.

So, here’s to our first PCS!  May it go off without too many hitches, bumps, or otherwise disasters and see us safely and unharmed in Watertown, NY when we’re done, perhaps without FM and I trying to murder each in the process.  But, again, no promises!

Look out Watertown, we’re comin’ for ya!



Oh, and as a side note, go check out my post on surviving a PCS road trip on the LAS blog yesterday! It's going to be a lifesaver, I promise!

http://lovingasoldier.com/pcs-road-trip-survival-kit-for-adults/



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave your contact information, email, and/or blog address so I can return the comment favor. Thanks! -Lauren

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...